|Why we need you:|
|You’ll play a key role in enabling people living with dementia to engage in meaningful activities within a group setting and to socialise with others in a welcoming, relaxed and supportive environment.|
|What you’ll be doing:|
|This role will suit you if you:|
|What you can expect from us:|
|· We will make you feel welcome, included and respected.
· You will receive one-to-one or group based support.
· You’ll have a role manager who will support you throughout your journey with us.
· Out of pocket expenses (e.g. travel) agreed before you start in line with our policy.
· We’ll keep you up to date with relevant policies and procedures that apply to your role.
· You’ll have access to learning, development and engagement opportunities for volunteers.
|What we need from you:|
|To ensure the safety and security of people with dementia we ask for:
· Two references and proof of identity.
· Essential learning to complete before starting your role will take about two and a half days.
· To put the role into practice most effectively and to ensure a consistent service for people living with dementia this role is recommended to continue for at least 3 months.
· You will need to complete an enhanced without barred list DBS or Access NI check, in line with the legal requirements. A criminal record will not necessarily stop you being able to carry out this role.