Commitment: minimum commitment of 10 hours per year subject to availability of events and speaker requests
Since 1985, Padley has been working with the homeless, poorest and most marginalised people in society. Padley has a tremendous heritage in Derby, making it one of Derby’s longest established charities. Padley is a diverse organisation, providing a broad range of services to vulnerable people in the local community.
The Volunteer Ambassador role, is a key role within the organization working with our donors and potential supporters and volunteers. The role will support the organization to promote the work of Padley across the City of Derby and County of Derbyshire.
This is an important role providing an opportunity for involvement in wide ranging activity and to join an established charity with exciting development plans. This role is perfect for someone wanting to gain experience from working with this client group.
Overall role purpose:
- To support the Marketing and Events team to promote Padley Group at fun days, festivals and open access events.
- To provide talks to schools, churches, and other groups of the work of Padley Group, supporting the Harvest campaign and other fundraising activities
- To support stalls and promotional stands at events across Derby and Derbyshire providing an overview of the work of Padley group.
- Deliver short presentations to groups requesting a speaker which may involve young children (as young as 3 years) and adults. In schools, churches or other locations as requested.
- Promote monthly giving and other fundraising opportunities.
- To ensure that you keep updated in the Padley numbers and good news stories
- Support the recruitment of Volunteers by promoting opportunities.
- To apply the operational policies and procedures of the Padley group
- Ability to speak confidently to others
- Confident in saying “I don’t know but I will find out and get back to you”
- Experience of working as a team and on your own.
- Knowledge of the issues relating to the risks faced by vulnerable adults ( full training is given in this)
- A self-starter able to operate with limited supervision
- A committed team player
- Able to demonstrate empathy with the aims of the Padley Group
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Broad communication skills.