Since 1985, Padley has been working with the homeless, poorest and most marginalised people in society. Padley has a tremendous heritage in Derby, making it one of Derby’s longest established charities. Padley is a diverse organization, providing a broad range of services to vulnerable people in the local community.
The Shop Assistant role is a key role within the organization working within our charity shop to help us to raise funds. The role will support the organization to provide support for Homeless people in Derby to bring about positive change in their lives.
This is an important role providing an opportunity for involvement in wide ranging activity and to join an established charity with exciting development plans. This role is perfect for someone wanting to gain experience working in a shop environment.
No previous experience needed as full training will be provided.
Overall role purpose:
To assist in fundraising to help provide all services to Padley’s vulnerable clients.
- To ensure at all times a professional and supportive approach is maintained.
- Sorting donations for sale in the shop.
- Window dressing
- Restocking shop floor
- Daily cleaning duties
- Interacting with customers about items in the shop and also the work of Padley
- Working on the till.
- To apply the operational policies and procedures of the Padley group
Experience (not essential)
- Experience of using a till
- Customer service experience
Knowledge (not essential)
- Knowledge of a retail environment
- Knowledge of the issues relating to the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
A self-starter able to operate with limited supervision
- A committed team player
- Able to demonstrate empathy with the aims of the Padley Group
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work across the organisation for a common goal
Broad communication skills to support relationships across the organisation