Volunteer Events Team member
Every year hundreds of people do incredible things to raise funds for Dogs for Good’s vital work. That’s tens of thousands of pounds raised every year. This wouldn’t be possible without the help of our volunteers and staff.
Whether it’s manning a cheering point, running a fete or show, helping to manage the start area, or guiding participants, event volunteers play a vital role in making events happen. And once you’re in as an event volunteer it’s easy to get hooked. For some people it’s the excitement of event day and meeting new people. For others, it’s developing new skills and being ‘behind the scenes’. But most of all our volunteers are passionate about making a difference.
If you’re interested in opportunities near you read on to find out more.
What will I be doing?
You may be asked to:
• Transport kit and equipment to and from events.
• Help set up and clear down the event.
• Support participants as they take part, such as by marshalling.
• Help with administration and managing the start/finish areas.
• Providing vital help with our roadshows and events.
What skills or interest might I need for this role?
Along with having great communication and interpersonal skills, we ask that you are:
• flexible and willing to volunteer outdoors.
• enthusiastic about Dogs for Good and helping at events.
• willing to work as part of a team, or on your own.
If you have specific skills and experience that you think might be useful—such as event management, using walkie‐talkies, or leading teams—please let us know when you apply.