Our volunteer older peoples champion talk to clients ages 65 years or over on the phone or face to face and provide benefits and energy advice and assistance with benefit forms.
Some examples of what you could do:
- Support clients with filling in forms on paper and on line
- explore what benefits a client is entitled to and help them to complete a benefit application form.
- Help client to get onto the priority register and give energy advice.
Time commitment: 4 hours per week spread over one or two days, for 12 months. We can be flexible so come and talk to us.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping people directly
- Positive community impact
- Learning about a range of issues in depth such as benefits, debt, housing etc.
- Problem solving and communication skills
- Increased employability
- Challenging and rewarding
- Full training given