Since 1985, Padley has been working with the homeless, poorest and most marginalized people in society. Padley has a tremendous heritage in Derby, making it one of Derby’s longest established charities. Padley is a diverse organization, providing a broad range of services to vulnerable people in the local community.
The Volunteer Support Assistant role is a key role within the organization working with our vulnerable adults. The role will help to support the organization to provide person centered development and individual support plans for people experiencing homelessness in Derby to bring about positive change in their lives.
This is an important role providing an opportunity for involvement in wide ranging activity and to join an established charity with exciting development plans. This role is perfect for someone wanting to gain experience from working with this client group.
Overall role purpose:
To assist in the provision of a support service for Padley’s vulnerable clients.
- To ensure at all times a professional and supportive approach is maintained.
- To assist the support staff, assistants and other volunteers in the day to day running of the centre
- To help with activities and chat to client’s
- To assist in making up food parcels and also giving them out.
- To assist client’s in going into the car park for a cigarette.
- To apply the operational policies and procedures of the Padley group
Experience of working with vulnerable adult client groups, particularly with challenging behaviour
- Experience of working within a social care environment
knowledge of the issues relating to the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
A self-starter able to operate with limited supervision
- A committed team player
- Able to demonstrate empathy with the aims of the Padley Group
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work across the organisation for a common goal
- Broad communication skills to support relationships across the organisation.