Role – raising the profile of Healthwatch Derbyshire at a local level.
- Promote Healthwatch Derbyshire (HWD) through the circulation of leaflets, posters and information within their local community; community centres, libraries, church halls, shops, at local events etc.
- Ensure that HWD literature, including newsletters, are available in local health and social care settings, e.g. GP surgeries, dentists, opticians etc., and in any other identified public places, e.g. libraries.
- Maintain a record as to how many leaflets have been distributed and where to.
- Provide information to HWD about health and social care activities and events in their local area.
- Tell people about HWD and encourage them to get involved.
- Promote HWD events and projects to local people and/or people with a common service/need interest.
- Encourage organisations and individuals to sign up as participants of HWD
Relevant Skills, Competencies and Experience
- A willingness to learn about the role of HWD and the health and social care system more widely.
- Knowledge of the local area and services within it.
- Communications skills to be able to explain what you are doing and why.
- Ability to log your activities and feedback.
- Enjoy working on your own initiative and/or as part of a team.
What support will you be given?
- A full induction to the organisation and the role.
- Full training to prepare you for all aspects of your role and on-going training.
- On-going support with an allocated person from HWD.
- Regular volunteer meetings.
- Opportunities to become involved in other HWD activities.
What are the benefits of being a Networker/ Public Relations Volunteer?
- Increase your confidence and develop new skills including communication skills.
- Free training.
- Knowing that your skills and experience are contributing to the improvement of health and social care services.
- Experience of working with health and social care organisations.
- Knowledge and understanding of how health and social care services are planned, delivered and commissioned.
- References to add to your CV.
- Being part of a team of volunteers and meeting new people.
- Being part of an organisation that is championing the rights of health and social care consumers.
… and you will be a valued part of HWD, in helping us to become an influential and effective patient and public voice.