Our volunteer assessors talk to clients over the phone, face to face and hopefully soon online to explore what problems they’ve come for help with. Assessors find out information about the problem and help clients to understand this information.
Some examples of what you could do:
- find the information online that explains how to apply for Council Tax Reduction in a client’s local area and explain it to them
- help a client find and understand what steps they can take to deal with their rent arrears
Time commitment: 3 – 8 hours per week spread over one or two days. We can be flexible so come and talk to us.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping people directly
- Positive community impact
- Learning about a range of issues such as benefits, debt, housing etc.
- Communication skills
- Increased employability
- Challenging and rewarding
- Full training given