Our volunteer advisers talk to clients over the phone, face to face and hopefully soon online to explore what problems they’ve come for help with and find information about possible options. Advisers then help clients to understand the information and support them to take action.
Some examples of what you could do:
- Support clients with filling in forms on paper and on line
- explore what benefits a client is entitled to and help them to complete a benefit application form.
Time commitment: 4-8 hours per week spread over one or two days. We can be flexible so come and talk to us.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping people directly
- Positive community impact
- Learning about a range of issues in depth such as benefits, debt, housing etc.
- Problem solving and communication skills
- Increased employability
- Challenging and rewarding
- Full training given