Aera Support is a small Disability Community Group providing day support to adults with different disabilities. We are currently seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our team as Activities Volunteers.
As an Activities Volunteer, you will play a vital role in enhancing the quality of life for our Customers by organising and facilitating various recreational and social activities alongside our team of Support workers.
Your responsibilities are to assist in planning, organising, and implementing a wide range of activities for our customers, including but not limited to arts and crafts, games, music, exercise classes, and outings.
– Engage and interact with Customers to promote socialisation and mental stimulation.
– Provide one-on-one support to customers who may require additional assistance during activities.
– Set up and clean up activity areas before and after each session.
– Collaborate with other team members to ensure the smooth running of activities.
– Attend training sessions and meetings as required.
The benefits of joining our team:
– You will Gain valuable experience working in a Day care setting.
– Make a positive impact on the lives of older adults.
– Develop and enhance your communication, leadership, and organisational skills.
– Flexible scheduling options to accommodate your availability.
– Training and ongoing support provided.
– Opportunity to build meaningful relationships with customers and staff.
The volunteer must have a good understanding of Adults who have different disabilities. You must be a kind and friendly person and can show compassion to the people who attend our group. We are looking for a volunteer who is proactive and motivated to bring different activities to the group and support the team with day to day tasks. We are looking for someone who has a good sense of humour, loves to sit and chat about life and can also be a good listener, you must be a confident individual who has experience with working with people face to face