If you join our team, you will be:
● Helping set up for events as part of a team, including preparing exhibitions, displays & activities; and helping set up our gazebo and stall on the day of events
● Providing a warm welcome to visitors to the site on behalf of the Derbyshire Historic Buildings Trust. You’ll be making visitors feel at home, checking tickets and encouraging donations to the project.
● Welcoming and marshalling visitors arriving by car and directing them to the station.
● Collecting information we can feedback to our funders, such as verbal comments or comment cards from visitors, event photographs and visitor numbers.
● Helping pack away at the end of an event.
● Complying with risk assessments and safe working procedures
For this role you will need to:
• Be sociable and comfortable talking to members of the public.
• Comfortable working as part of a team.
• Have good communication skills
We think this role can support your wellbeing by giving the opportunity to benefit from:
● The feel good factor of helping make a real difference to someone’s day out
● The chance to meet new people and be part of a positive, enthusiastic team
● A chance to learn something new- getting an insight into your local history
● The satisfaction of supporting and helping protect your community’s heritage
● The chance to be physically active
The role does not require knowledge of trains and railways, everything you need to know will be covered by the induction.
Refreshments and breaks will be provided for all volunteers.