The aim of our meet and greet volunteers is to provide a happy polite and helpful service to our patients and visitors, by assisting them with a variety of enquiries and signpost or escort patients to the appropriate department.
• To make patients, visitors and the general public feel welcome
• Greet patients entering the hospital
• Offer support to patients requiring directions to departments and wards.
• To reassure anxious service users or visitors.
• Help to provide an efficient service for staff and patients within the hospital
As a volunteer, you will be expected to:
• Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
• Adhere to all guidelines for Infection Protection and Control, including adequate handwashing and PPE.
• Treat colleagues, patients and relatives with respect and compassion at all times.
• Act within the limits of your skills and training provided.
• Excellent communication skills
• Polite and approachable
• Professional friendly approach
• Hospital orientation and site knowledge
• Volunteer Learning Programme
Benefits to the Volunteer:
This role offers:
• Experience of team working.
• Satisfaction of assisting others and providing an invaluable service to Derbyshire Community Health Services.
• An opportunity to develop personal and social skills
• Gain confidence and self esteem
• Experience of working in a hospital environment
• Meet new people