Since 1985, Padley has been working with the homeless, poorest and most marginalized people in society. Padley has a tremendous heritage in Derby, making it one of Derby’s longest established charities. Padley is a diverse organization, providing a broad range of services to vulnerable people in the local community.
The Van Driver role is a key role within the organization working to collect donations from our many donors and supporters and internal movement of stock and supplies.
This is an important role providing an opportunity for involvement in wide ranging activity and to join an established charity with exciting development plans. This role is perfect for someone wanting to gain experience.
Overall role purpose:
To assist in the provision of a Collection service for Padley’s Donors and supporters
- To ensure at all times a professional and supportive approach is maintained.
- To assist the organisation to maintain a stock supply at all locations.
- To carry out all checks on the Padley van, reporting any issues, before they become critical.
- To drive a Ford transit van around Derby and collect donations from our supporters
- To load safely any donations from our supporters and donors, transporting them to the Padley Warehouse.
- To unload and store safely any donations in the warehouse ready for processing.
- To apply the operational policies and procedures of the Padley group, especially the Safe Driving Policy.
- Ability to navigate using a map or a sat nav
- Ability to confidently and safely drive a Ford transit Van
- Ability to communicate with our donors and sponsors in a polite and courteous manner
- Ability to work to a schedule of locations to be visited
- Experience of driving in the city and rural environment
- Experience of driving a transit van is desirable
- Knowledge of the safe handling of items to load the van safely
- A self-starter able to operate with limited supervision
- A committed team player
- Able to demonstrate empathy with the aims of the Padley Group
- Over 25 years of age (essential).