Our volunteer energy advisers talk to clients over the phone or face to face to explore ways to save money on energy bills, provide support on billing and deal with other energy related issues, offer advice on energy efficiency and to give information about possible financial support. Advisers help clients to understand the information and support them to take action. They also identify other issues clients may need help with.
Some examples of what you could do:
- Advise clients how they could save money by switching suppliers and help clients understand their energy bills
- Help clients understand if they are entitled to any financial support related to energy costs
- Explore further support and benefits available for clients
Time commitment: 4-8 hours per week spread over one or two days. We can be flexible so come and talk to us. Role can currently be done remotely.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping people directly
- Positive community impact
- Learning about a range of issues, in particular energy but also benefits, debt, housing etc.
- Problem solving and communication skills
- Increased employability
- Challenging and rewarding
- Full training given